Friday, October 29, 2010

A finished project! (Steampunk spats)

I finished a project! I decided I wanted to make up a steampunk'd theme costume for Halloween this year. Unfortunately, thanks to my thick calves, it's really hard to find boots that go beyond the ankles.

I was browsing the web, looking for alternatives, when I came across a pattern for Steampunk Spatterdashes (check out the pattern here) Although the pattern calls for Moda Dea Bamboo Wool, I used Red Heart SuperSaver yarn, and it seemed to work out pretty well:




Aren't the buttons awesome?!? I found them at JoAnns. :)

Love the button straps with the seed stitch pattern!

They might be a little longer than I would like (it stretches quite a bit when I put them on), but I figure I can make a new shorter pair for Marcon this year, depending on how these work out. I can't wait to try these out at the Halloween party tomorrow!

In other knitting news, I joined Ravelry earlier this week. At first it was just so I could download a cool Tardis amigurumi pattern that was featured on Craftzine recently. But then I discovered it had alot of cool features-so I started to get more involved, adding projects (a grand total of 3 so far-but I'm working on it!), finding friends, looking at all the cool free patterns they have. It's an awesome site-I don't know why I didn't join it before! ;) If you're on, look me up-I can be found as romana1977. :)

No comments: