Wednesday, August 17, 2005

more projects...

Well, I finally ordered more yarn to finish my slouching socks...

...unfortunately, they have been put on a stitch holder and will be put in the 'on hold' box. ;) I need the needles!

I decided to put the slouching socks and the wave and shell shawl on hold for now and start working on other things. I'm making the hat and scarf set for Perseph (don't worry, she already knows! She needed a hat for the winter. :)) I still need to get another skein of blue ridge to finish off the scarf, so that's the goal for this weekend (yay, JoAnn coupons!) Since it's my first venture with knitting in the round, I will probably continue to work on my multi effects socks from time to time.

Speaking of my multi effects socks, I had a hair-raising experience with them last week. I was over at Perseph's, working on the sock, when I noticed that I had dropped a stitch about 2 rounds before. (how i didn't notice that before then, I'll never know...) I dug into my bag and discovered I had the wrong size crochet needle (I had been using E to rescue dropped sock stitches-I only had a G with me) So I asked Perseph if I could borrow the smallest hook she had. I think it was a 10, maybe? You know, the kind that can be used to make doilies-very small hook. Due to the nature of that particular hook, it had a tendency to snag the yarn while I was trying to rescue the dropped stitches. I think I dropped at least 3 more before I was able to take control of the sock and fix it. Yikes! It was a learning (and very trying) experience. The good thing is, if it ever happens again, I know I am capable of rescuing dropped stitches-as long as I am patient!

I think the first Christmas project I will be working on will be a Cuddly Cardigan for my niece, Mellon. Hopefully I will have it finished before I go to Minnesota this Christmas (unlike last year, when I was finishing her baby blanket the day she was born! In my defense, I did finish it before she actually arrived. *heehee*)

No comments: