Monday, September 12, 2005

I finished something!

Hooray! I actually finished something! ;) *heehee* It's been a while, but I finally finished the hat and scarf set for Persephone, and she loves it!! Pics to come soon...

I aslo finished the back of Mellon's cardigan, and started working on a hat for Boo. I had trouble increasing on the hat-ended up pulling it out at least 3 times. It was quite frustrating, especially since I had to go from size 11s to size 10 1/2. I think I've got it now, and am currently working on the cable pattern for the hat. I'll try to take some pics, but I'm not sure if I can get a good enough resolution to show you the cables-the yarn has some dark purple in it, and in the past, taking a picture of dark purple yarn does not yield good results. But we'll see.

I think I have enough yarn for all my family Christmas projects...well, enough to get started at least. I'm a bit concerned that I didn't get enough yarn for T and Boo's gifts (might need more for the scarves). I've also decided that I'm making smaller gifts form my sister and my mom-and will save the larger projects for Mother's Day. If I had been on the ball, I would have started the Christmas projects much earlier than this-and probably would have had time to knit the original gifts! *sigh ;)

I need to start bringing my knitting to work again! Also, Kim and I are planning an Knit/Crochet day, soon. Hopefully we'll be able to coordinate with Perseph, too!

No comments: