Monday, June 25, 2012

Stephen's Blanket and Seattle Fingerless Gloves


Well, it's long over due, but I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of some projects I was working on in 2011!!   First up, Stephen's Baby Blanket!!! 

The last picture I posted was of the completed squares-on the off chance that Brigitte might see, I didn't want to post any pics of the completed blanket before I gave it to her!

First I sewed the squares into rows:


Then the rows were all sewn together-ta-daaa!   



Here's the blanket with a little friend ;)

 Brigitte loves the blanket-so does Stephen! :) I think I might even have enough leftover yarn to make another one to donate to Maggie's Place. :)

Another project I worked on last fall was a pair of fingerless gloves.  When I walk to work my hands may be cold early in the morning, but about halfway to work they will get overheated so I'll remove my gloves, then the get chapped (ouch!)  The fingerless gloves are perfect-they keep my hands just warm enough and prevent them from getting chapped.

So I was looking for a pattern for fingerless gloves that could be knitting on straight needles (although I really need to get over my fear of knitting with dpns. ;) ).  I found this pattern for Seattle Fingerless Gloves-they are perfect! (I have to dig up the link and post it in my next post, which hopefully will not be 9 months from now. ;) ). 

The yarn I used was Boku from Plymouth yarns.  The color on the tag simply says #2, but I'm sure there is a name for it somewhere...  Anyhoo, I picked this color because it reminded me of the wonderful multitude of colors as the leaves change in the fall. :)

Here are a couple of pictures with some color detail:


 The completed squares:

Finished gloves:















Aren't they pretty? :)



I started working on a light scarf to go with the gloves, but alas, it has fallen into the UFO basket (at least for now!)

For the beginning of 2012 I worked on headbands for our library's  Relay for Life team, a pair of socks, two more pairs of fingerless gloves (using a different pattern), and a couple of washcloths for a friend of mine who was traveling to Africa and was creating some care packages to give away (details and pics coming soon!)

Of the projects I started in '12, I've finished the headbands, one pair of fingerless gloves (for Good Friday-more on that later!), and the washcloths.  Ahhh, I do love UFOs! ;)

2 comments:

Lulu said...

beautiful

Romana1 said...

Thank you! I really need to post here more-I've worked on more projects, just haven't posted about them!