Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wraps and babies-baby wraps?

Ahhhh, my poor, poor little neglected knitting blog. Someday I will truly post more on a regular basis. Alas, 2011 was not the year to do that!

Actually, I was looking at my goals for 2011 post, and, well-yeah. Haven't even begun to try to organize my stash, I don't think I finished any UFOs lately. Eh, it's only September, right? ;)

This year has not been a total waste craft-wise. I did sew a purse and make a Steampunk Elephant pin (which I need to post on Wandering. I've also been working on several different projects this year.

Here's an updated pic of the Rainbow Wrap I started in 2010, using Jo-Ann's Rainbow Boucle yarn:


I don't know why I continue to try to work with boucle yarn-it's difficult to work with-thin and tangley. Yet I keep trying! I've already put one boucle project on hold-I'm determined to finish this one!

In March and April (actually, I may have started as early as February this year), I worked on headbands for our Relay for Life team at CWRU. I thought I had some pictures uploaded, but apparently not-will have to get some!!

This summer I have been working on a baby blanket for Persephone! She is due towards the end of this month. So far I am 1-1 on finishing baby blankets before the little tots are born. I finished Mal's baby blanket a mere hour before she was born-and poor Bella-her's is not finished yet!! As with the Rainbow Wrap, I am determined to finish that blanket-even if it has to be a babydoll blanket. ;) As long as Perseph's little one decides not to come early, I should be okay. This time I picked a simpler pattern to work on-a blanket which has 81 3 inch knitted squares, like so:

(square knitted in Lamb)

The yarn is Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice Baby:

It may be a simple blanket, but it is being knitted with love, and, as an added bonus-part of the proceeds from the purchase of this yarn is donated to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital, which I think is really awesome. :)

I have finally finished the squares:

(Colors from top to bottom are Sweat Pea; Duckie; Goldfish; Bluebell; Pink Poodle; and Lamb)

I'm currently working on sewing the squares into strips, then sewing the strips together. Since my squars are not perfect 3x3 squares, I may end up crocheting a border around the blanket, to make it look more even. In any case, I did not need all the required yarn at all-in fact, when the pattern called for 2 skeins, I ended up only using one. I'll have some more yarn to add to my stash (which I really must organize, LOL).
(and no, I am not posting a pic of the completed blanket until I give it to Persephone!) ;)

1 comment:

Lulu said...

love the colors..love the blankie