Sunday, April 24, 2005

progress report...

Woo-hoo! So, our second knit/crochet day was quite productive. We had a better idea of what we wanted to do, so we got right down to business.

I'm getting close to finishing the prayer shawl I'm working on. I started the last color change yesterday afternoon:


Unfortunately my digital camera is acting up, so that's the best shot I got of it.

I also started working on a hat:


"That crazy hat for chicken." -Billy WitchDoctor.com ;)

Since I haven't learned to knit in the round yet, the pattern I'm using for the hat does not require double pointed needles. Kim started to crochet a baby blanket, and it's looking really pretty-the center of the blanket has a flower in it. She was trying some new skills with this blanket, and so far it's looking pretty good!

After our day of knitting/crocheting, Kim and I headed over to JoAnn's to check the prices of some things. We both ended up getting something-Kim picked up a couple of pattern books, and I picked up some cheap yarn for yet another project I'm thinking of starting. While we were waiting in line, the woman ahead of us gave us her coupons that she couldn't use, so it was all good. :)

We haven't decided when our next project day will be, but we're hoping it'll be soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like! I think this is a wonderful idea. I also think that shawl looks awfully familiar. ;)

Jaya said...

Good luck with knitting in the round. It's not nearly as hard as you think. I learned a lot from this site. :)