Monday, June 27, 2005

wave and shell

So 2 Saturdays ago, I decided to try to find some more yarn for my socks. I called every Jo-Ann's and Michaels in the area-nobody had my yarn. It was all sold out! When I first purchased it, I had no idea that it was considered seasonal. I even tried Hobby Lobby in Media-they didn't have it. *sigh* It looks like I'm going to have to order more yarn online.

I started working on my wave and shell shawl quite a while ago-so now I'm finally getting around to posting some progress pics.


Here's an overall view of the shawl-I'm about one fifth of the way finished, I think. I'm planning on working on it while I'm in Minnesota-I just better remember to bring enough yarn in case my mom decides she wants to work on it! LOL ;)

Here's a close up:


I love the way the pattern is coming together-I love trying new stitches (it's even better when they turn out right!) ;) I started a stitch swatch (try saying that three times fast...) for another project I'm working on, but I haven't been able to get a decent picture of the swatch. It either comes out too dark or too light, and when I try to edit the picture, it looses the pattern and becomes this big purple square. Remind me next time when I make a test swatch of stitches, to use a lighter colored yarn. ;)

1 comment:

Jaya said...

What kind of yarn are you using for your sock? I can try looking for it around here, and if I find it, send it your way.

And your shawl is gorgeous. Did you find the pattern online, or did you purchase it? :)