Thursday, March 30, 2006

Stitch-n-bitch report 1

Hello! Ok, no pics in this post-mainly because, well, the pictures are still in my camera-I have to download them, edit them, then upload them... I'll get around to posting them though-at least I hope I will! ;)

The stitch-n-bitch was alot of fun! We 'grazed' on snacks, worked on our projects, sent Dawn's husband out for pizza, then watched a couple of movies while working on some of our projects. We had 1 knitter, 2 crocheters, 2 cross-stitchers, and 1 person who was learning to crochet. (hey, we aren't picky about what you stitch! ;) ) So far, at these gatherings, I always seem to be in the minority. LOL. Even the kitties and the dog got into things (literally got into things.) ;)

I started an afghan for myself and worked on T's scarf. For some reason, the kitties really liked my needles and yarn, and no one else's. Why is that? LOL. Kim finished a baby blanket she was working on for a friend-it's really cute! I must get those pictures up. A couple of days later, Kim and I were talking about trying to make this a regular thing-maybe once a month, or once every two months at least (since we all seem to be very busy-but hopefully we'll be able to work something out). Perseph, we missed you! We hope you can make it to the next one. :) :)
-------------------------

I've also started working on a prayer shawl for my Mom-I'm using a snowflake pattern that I really liked in the little pattern book I have. I'm using the yarn I bought from Patternworks last year-it feels so good! I really like working with cotton and cotton blends. :)

Perseph and I are going to a stitch-n-bitch that's being hosted in a yarn store on April 6th-I've forgotten the name of the store, but Perseph knows where it is, and since she's the driver, it's all good. ;) We can't wait!

TAFN...

No comments: