Friday, May 06, 2005

Knit/Crochet Day 3!

Tomorrow is our third knit/crochet day! I'm looking forward to it-especially since I don't know when our next get together will be-the rest of my weekends in May are looking to be pretty busy... *sigh*

The scarf is coming along nicely-I'm still a little worried that I might not have enough yarn to complete it, but it's about halfway done, so we'll see.

I also started another project from the book I picked up at the library, Easy Knitted Accessories by Jeanette Trotman. Slouching socks! It's another pattern that doesn't require dpns. I'm still planning on learning to knit in the round, I just wanted to give this pattern a try. I've only been able to knit one row so far-I was having a little difficulty with the row. I'm hoping that the next few rows will be easier to knit now that I've gone beyond the cast on. I'm sure the yarn I'm using isn't making it any easier-it's Sugar and Cream yarn by Lily (100% cotton and the strands come apart without any effort at all). That's ok-the yarn was on sale and this project was meant as a learning experience. LOL.

Speaking of yarn, I sent in an order for the yarn for my Mom's gift today! She knows I'm making her something, but she doesn't know what it is, so on the off chance that she's actually reading this, I'm just going to refer to it as 'Mom's Gift'. ;)

No comments: