Thursday, May 12, 2005

quick progress report

I had every intention of taking some time during my lunch break today (well, technically I guess it's yesterday) to post a quick update about the progress on my projects...unfortunately I started knitting and before I knew it, my lunch hour was up! ;)

I did run out of yarn while working on the scarf. :( This is odd because according to the labels, I should have had the same amount of both colors. Now I know you're going to say 'well, it's not perfect', but we're talking about quite a bit of yarn. I figure I have almost a fourth of a skein left of my multi color yarn, and I ran out of blue. Even considering a few inches here and there (like if my cast on was uneven, or the amount of yarn wasn't exact), it's still quite a bit of yarn. Unfortunately I can't exactly take it back to the store and say, 'hey, you short-changed me!', since I've already made a hat and most of a scarf out of it. The good news is the weather should be warmer, so Persephone shouldn't be needing a hat or scarf anytime soon. ;)

The sock is turning out great! After the first row, knitting the pattern became alot easier. I love the way the pattern is starting to form on the sock. I took a picture of it, but I forgot to upload it...that'll be my goal for this weekend. ;)

Well, that's all for now...I am quite tired, so I'm going to bed! 'Nighty Nite! :)

No comments: